The Shinto Bed is crafted from solid hardwood, which is illuminated by the refreshingly unadorned lines that flow from contemporary angular to slightly bowed frames of the headboard and footboard, while open spaces between the wood slats incorporate a distinctly Asian influence into the design.
The Shinto Collection marries Asian design elements that focus on simplicity, natural elements, and a harmonious flow with Arts and Crafts elements that focus on minimalist lines and the organic beauty in the wood and joinery techniques.
For 25 years, McKinnon has handcrafted fine furniture constructed from the highest quality American hardwoods designed and made by skilled artisans based in Seattle, Washington. McKinnon has built a name as a top American furniture maker through their dedication to creating furniture that is hand selected, carved, and finished. Each piece is honed to perfection and proudly signed by the artisan as a stamp of confidence that it will stand the test of time.
- Each piece of furniture is individually handcrafted by a team of skilled, local artisans in Seattle, Washington
- McKinnon is committed to harvesting only domestic hardwoods that are certified as unthreatened and sustainable
- Hand sanding and hand-rubbed non-toxic oil finishes utilized
- Mortise and tenon joinery techniques employed
- Available in Full, Queen, King, and California King sizes with low or standard height footboard
- Available in 3 wood types
- Each piece signed by the artisan that handcrafts your furniture
- Custom sizes, finishes, and pulls also available - please phone to inquire
- Ships in 6 to 8 weeks
Bed DimensionsFull: 66.5”w x 79.5”d
Queen: 72.5”w x 84.5”d
King: 88.5”w x 84.5”d
California King: 84.5”w x 88.5”d
Additional DetailsHeadboard: 48"h
Constructed of Solid Cherry, Mahogany, or Walnut
Also from Beds
Larssen Midcentury Bed$ 1,700+ — made in Vermont
Shaker Moondance Bed$ 1,015+ — made in Massachusetts
Luna Upholstered Bed$ 4,295+ — made in New York
Cottage Bead Board Bed$ 1,015+ — made in Maine